What To Wear To Look Good, Feel Good & Score Some Compliments Along The Way
admin@qs3 | May 5, 2018
By Amil Malik
Photo credit: www.wwd.com
The season is changing, and now you’re staring at your closet wondering what to wear. Perhaps you’re considering investing in some new clothes… even a new bag?
But wait. Before you go and spend Mother’s Day in the United States is an annual holiday celebrated on the second Sunday in May. Mother’s Day recognizes mothers, motherhood and maternal bonds in general, as well as the positive contributions that they make to society.
hard earned cash on fast fads, take a moment to think, plan and be strategic in where and how you spend.
To make life easy, and simple, here are 3 ways to be on trend for less money spent.
1) Wear pastels — Consider a pastel themed manicure. When picking a color think cotton candy pink, lemon yellow, light purple, baby blue & lime green. Pro tip: Lavender is the new “Millennial Pink.”
2) Invest in backless flats — Perhaps when you hear “backless flats” you’re mind goes immediately to the classic Gucci loafer trending these days.
While a great investment, fear not, for various stylish non-designer versions exist. Pro tip: Go for plain white, stripes, or flag colors (All things “Americana” are in right now.)
3) Wear denim on denim — Yes, the 80’s and 90’s are back in. Pro tip: Monochromatic outfits are also slimming.
And, while we’re at it, here are 3 trending pieces to avoid.
1) “Net market bags” — Best used for storing onions in the kitchen. Really, no need for this to become a purse.
2) “Tulle” skirts — No, you’re not a ballerina.
3) Clear plastic shoes — Despite the visual appeal of Chanel’s clear plastic boots, unless you want to sweat in Austin’s heat, focus on more breathable materials.